Sunday, January 15, 2017

1992 - Blowdown Pass and Gott Peak, Eric at Hollyburn

 Blowdown Pass and Gott Peak
Location of Gott Peak
My Flickr site for more pictures - 
Skiing south up the road.
We pulled our sleds up the Blowdown Creek valley on spring break, made a camp, and the next day skied and hiked up Gott Peak . The day was very warm and the road was good for dragging our sleds. If I remember correctly it was Clint Mahlman, Randy Wheating, Chris Cooper, and myself that went on this trip.


Clint Mahlman
Here Clint Mahlman makes his way to the top of Gott Peak on our second day.I believe Clint had some kind of collapsible ice axe, thus the narrow bottom.


A great view.
On top of Gott Peak with Matier in the distance. This is looking almost due west. I bet Clint bought that camera at London Drugs.  ( He is now a VP there. )

Eric at Hollyburn

Location of Hollyburn Mountain
Eric at Hollyburn
I tried to intruduce my son Eric to cross country skiing and this day found us at Hollyburn. He used down hill skis, three pin bindings, and skinny skins for going up hill. He was ten years old in this picture.







No comments:

Post a Comment